Study Abroad Programs
Studying abroad may be a defining moment in your education that will change your life! Nothing will be quite the same after you have studied abroad. Your outlook will be global, your attitudes will be international, and you will have memories that will last a lifetime! Your résumé will be more attractive, in some cases your language proficiency will be advanced, and you will have developed lifelong friendships!
The largest misconception that prevents students from study abroad is its perceived inaccessibility. Students who do study abroad are often amazed at how easy the whole process flows. Financial aid is available, and every student can take advantage of this opportunity.
Why Study Abroad?
- Academic credit – the most obvious reason!
- Language acquisition – The world marketplace is shrinking rapidly, and many companies require second languages.
- Résumé building – Show potential employers that you are motivated and interested in taking on new challenges and prepare yourself for a career in our increasingly interconnected world and economy. International experience is ranked high among many employers as a critical asset for prospective employees.
- Broaden and deepen your experiences – learn about new possibilities and options. Make friends and meet people from a completely different background.
- Learn to adapt and succeed in a new environment. Studying abroad shows that you are resourceful, adventurous, globally minded, and understanding of diversity.
For information about study abroad, please contact:
Sister Elaine Glanz, IHM
Coordinator of Study Abroad
Study Abroad Office (next to IU Bookstore)